Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just one of those photos I always wanted to take, and today nobody stopped me


Just one of those photos I always wanted to take, and today nobody stopped me
Originally uploaded by qwurky.

I get the feeling, looking at this, that it’s Putin, but, if it were, most likely, he would have turned around to ask me for my autograph – which he definitely did NOT do.

By the way: did I ever tell you – any of you who happen to be reading this – how I ran into King Juan Carlos of Spain around the corner from here?

Wow! In those days, he was pictured on the Peseta bills and then – shock! – there he was, strolling straight toward me, and he didn’t seem to have any guards around him or anything. And he was wearing casual slacks and -- well, the bodyguards were way out of sight behind him, as I remember. But how strange to see in living color and 3D a face you saw every day engraved on the currency!

You’re wondering if I asked him for his autograph, aren’t you?

Well, he didn’t ask me for mine, and I didn’t ask for his – and so he went on working his day job running the country, or whatever kings do.

No comments: